Please share and pass this story onto a friend or family member above!
Andrea Athie was driving down a deserted road when she noticed an injured “homeless dog” begging for help. Andrea pulled over and rescued the skinny pup, but was heartbroken to see that the poor creature was nursing a broken leg. Andrea realized that the dog might have been run over, and immediately took him to the nearest vet clinic for help.
On the way to the vet, the grateful “dog” cuddled with his rescuer and showered her with kisses. However, when Andrea arrived at the clinic, she was shocked to find out that the pup wasn’t even a dog at all! Andrea learned from the vet that the timid and docile baby was actually a wild coyote!
The coyote wasn’t in good shape at all, and his health was declining from many internal injuries. The vet clinic contacted a wildlife rehabilitator to get the sick coyote the necessary help. Unfortunately, even after much effort, the coyote succumbed to his injuries and passed away after spending 5 days in the wildlife hospital.
Andrea is beyond devastated and is haunted by the memories of the sweet car-ride with the loving coyote. It truly breaks our hearts to know that our wildlife never get timely medical aid. Let’s be more kind and empathetic toward our wildlife and get them the professional help they need. Put the word out.